Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Controllers function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the position of:
Job Title: Wells Operations Supervisor (Drilling Supervisor)
- The successful candidate will provide day to day on-site supervision of drilling and completion operations (on a rotational basis) and will report to the Wells Operations Superintendent.
Other responsibilities include:
- Stewarding continuous compliance with Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSH&E) policies and responsible for implementation of ExxonMobil’s Operations Intergrity Management System (OIMS) on the rig
- Making key decisions in an emergency situation to prevent injuries, well catastrophes as well as significant additional cost
- Serving as the primary contact with the rig and third party personnel at the rig site to ensure operations are performed in accordance with the drilling program in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring drilling procedures are followed as planned and conducted in an optimum manner
- Organizing and ordering the necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling and testing operations
- Ensuring that the rig and third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained
- Maintaining inventory of all equipment/materials/supplies to ensure smooth ongoing operations
- Ensuring compliance with all government and other statutory regulations; including education of all personnel on rigs on safety and related issues
- Maintaining accurate and adequate reports regarding operations, equipment and evaluation
- The ideal candidate must possess previous experience as a Driller / Tool-Pusher /Rig Manager with a drilling contractor or as a Drilling / Well site Supervisor with an Oil & gas Company or as a Completions / Down-hole Tools/Fishing Specialist or as a Drilling Quality Specialist.
In addition, the ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper division (2:1) OR Second Class Lower division (2:2) plus Masters’ Degree (with minimum of “Merit) in any of the following disciplines – Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electrical /Electronics, Civil or Petroleum Engineering.
- Four (4) to fifteen (15) years of applicable cognate rig-base operational experience
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificate
- Possession of a current IADC/IWCF well control certificate will be an advantage
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with good interpersonal skill
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil and gas industry.
Application Closing Date
2nd May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To complete the application process:
- Log onto https://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Click the “Select Country” drop down to display the list of countries available and select Nigeria
- Click on the “Search button” to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click the “Search openings” button for results
- Click on the Job title (Wells Operations Supervisor) to view full details on the job you are applying for
- Click the “Apply now” drop down and select Apply now option, fill in your Email and then click “Start”
- Sign in or click on “Create an Account”
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk * (Please note down your password since you will need it when you log on back for any update)
- Select your country of Resident from the drop down
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement” link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click “Accept”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. Resume)
- Click “Save” to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit” to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation message will be received at the email you used to apply
- Click “View Profile” if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under “Jobs Applied” section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.