I have authentically confirmed from the intelligence services that:
1. There was actually a scheduled medical outreach Programme by the Nigerian Army;
2. Such Programmes are routinely done after every military exercise in communities e.g. Operation Python Dance;
3. That the Council Chairmen and Traditional Rulers of concerned communities were duly informed;
4. But, it appears that to information was not adequately disseminated to the citizenry;
5. That soldiers were only setting up the sheds and stands for the exercise when some individuals concocted the rumors of an ulterior motive and began disseminating the false alarm;
6. That the false alarm led to considerable panic and confusion in the whole State now -Awka, Nnewi, Ozubulu, Onitsha, etc;
7. The Military has therefore been advised to suspend the Outreach Programme immediately in order to calm frayed nerves;
8. The State Government will soon make a public broadcast to dispel the rumour and properly explain what happened.
On my side, I am still collating information from the footmen that have been sent to the field by NMA Anambra State. If what we collate vary from the official version from what I got from the intelligence agencies, I shall give out the update.
The Chairman, NMA ,Anambra State Branch