By Ihemere Blessing
Right to freedom of assembly and association is an inalienable right of the citizens as contained in s40 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (CFRN) and in this era of the social media networks, professionals have different online forums where they discuss their matters. Some officially belong to a particular profession while others are run by private individuals with or without ulterior motives. Against this backdrop, The Nigerian Doctors Forum came into existence but now with ulterior motives .As the name sounds, one may think it is populated by the Nigerian medical doctors but that is not true as it is populated by few medical doctors and mainly by non medical doctors who parade themselves as medical doctors. They advertise non-existing jobs ,at times giving emails where one can forward one’s documents and others credentials, thereafter they use the licences of the victims for the renewal of health businesses in different parts of the country because what the authorities need in either registration or renewal of licences of health facilities/businesses is photocopies of the relevant documents. We cannot easily forget the dastardly activities of Martins Ugwu Okpe, the alleged fake doctor who assumed the identity of Dr George Davidson Daniel and worked in the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) for over nine years. This would not have been possible if Martins Ugwu Okpe had no access to the practising license of Dr George Davidson Daniel. Recently, a pharmacist was deregistered for using an applicant’s licence to register a pharmacy store without the consent of the applicant. These and more are the atrocities associated with sending one’s scanned credentials to unknown email addresses advertised my unofficial forums like NDF.
In few occasions when NDF has any vacant jobs, they will compel the job seekers to pay them with their first salaries. This forum is anti-medical doctors as they leak sensitive information discussed in other doctors fora to non-medical doctors. There is no doubt that the Nigerian Doctors Forum (NDF) is the conduit through which sensitive and classical information discussed by the Nigerian Medical Doctors are leaked to the non-medical doctors. The Health Pilot Limited discovered that and started investigative journalism on the nefarious and unprofessional activities of NDF but when they discovered that they were under investigation by seasoned investigators from The Health Pilot Limited ,they started the campaign of calumny against our corporate organisation, aimed at derailing gullible minds.
In view of this, the management of The Health Pilot Limited solemnly states as follows:
- That Nigerian Doctors Forum is an illegal association that is not affiliated to either the Nigerian Medical Association or any of her affiliates and our investigate journalists are still collating pieces of evidence of the illegal and unprofessional activities of this forum.
- That the management of The Health Pilot Limited is still consulting with our lawyers in order to start up both civil suit and criminal prosecution against those behind this illegal forum.
- That no news item reported by The Health Pilot Limited should be copied and pasted by anybody to any of the Social media accounts owned and run by this illegal association called the Nigerian Doctors Forum(NDF) and we shall take the appropriate legal measures when such order is flouted
- That as a corporate organisation registered as a Limited Liability Company by The Corporate Affairs Commission with RC number 1384947,we are empowered by Article 3 of our Memorandum of Association :
- To carry on the business, of publishing of health and general news, softcopies and hardcopies prints, designing and development of website, importation of hospital equipment, organization of national and international medical outreaches, seminars, workshops, symposia, telegramming, photography, video production, clothing line/shoe .line/perfume, movies, stage production, event creation, promotion, sales and red carpeting, creation of internal control systems in hospitals etc.
- To carry on the business as artiste production, film production, magazine production & publication & documentaries, indoor/outdoor shows, cinematography/theatre services. To engage in modelling services/ agency, park/recreation services beauty pageants and event gallery.
- To engage in the business of general contracts, general supplies, sales representative, general merchandise, import/export of general goods and services, procurement, oilfield equipment, rental services, oil tools, safety gadgets, office equipment, furniture and interior decoration. To act as manufacturers’ representative, distributors, manufacturers’ agents and to engage in stocking warehousing and any other allied trading and marketing services supermarket/departmental stores thereof.
- To carry on business of civil works, construction works, road rehabilitation works, maintenance and demolition of building, repairs, alteration, mechanical works, pipe lines, welding, borehole drilling, dredging services, well treatments technical parts and material services, fabrication and storage tanks, structural steel/metal works, supply of high quality building materials, and blasting, labour supply, equipment hiring thereof.
- To engage in the business of oil and gas, petroleum products, oilfield services and energy services, oil tools, render marketable and supply of all petroleum products, and to do the same in respect of gas products, including but not limited to industrial chemical and tools, domestic and cooking gas.
- To engage in the business of automobile services, machinery tools, purchasing and sales of spare parts, caterpillar spare parts equipment hiring, heavy duty services, and plant hiring.
- To carry on the business of waste disposal/environmental cleaning services, fumigation, pest control, cleaning of agricultural waste generally. To engage in land reclamation, bush clearing, sand filling, shore protection, pollution control and oil spillage clean-up services.
- To engage in sales, supplies, distribution of telecommunication and computer systems, tools marketing/maintenance services, photographic, printing work, equipment and other accessories.
- To own, manage, sell, buy or otherwise deal in electrical and electronics materials installation, electrical wiring of all types and other related services.
- To do all such other things as may be considered to be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects of any of them.
Sequel to this our Memorandum of Association, The Health Pilot Limited organises online discussion groups for candidates preparing for international and national exams like Plab, Usmle, Primary exams et cetera. Membership is not compulsory and anybody who wishes to join us is given the terms and conditions. Anybody who wishes to continue is allowed to continue with us and anybody who cannot abide by our terms and conditions is honourably allowed to exit the group voluntarily or the management will do the needful. We have a very strong investigative team that ensures that the rightful professionals are found in a particular group such that non medical doctors do not eavesdrop or bug what medical doctors discuss. We have our undercover investigative journalists who know their onions. Apart from national and international exam preparations, The Health Pilot Limited participates in training for BLS, ACLS and other professional training . Our ICT unit is involved in installation of car tracking systems, Website design and digitalisation of individual and corporate health businesses. These training and tutorials are not free .
To this end, we advise medical doctors to properly investigate before joining fictitious and unlawful social media forums like the Nigerian Doctors Forum( NDF) and nobody should send the photocopies or scanned copies of his/her credentials to any email address as these guys have ulterior motives.