Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Accountability Coordinator
Contract type: Full time / Fixed term contract to December 2018
* The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria, funded by the UK government.
* The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria.
Main Purpose of the Role
* Options Consultancy Services Limited is seeking an Accountability Coordinator to be based in Jigawa State to contribute and work within a dynamic five (5) year programme called Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2).
* We are seeking a new member of the team based in Jigawa to work as an Accountability Coordinator. We are looking for someone is committed to achieving effective and efficient delivery of essential health care for pregnant women, newborns and children in Nigeria.
* The Accountability Coordinator in Jigawa will be responsible, under the guidance of the Accountability and Advocacy Advisor and the jigawa State Team Leader (STL), for ensuring that accountability mechanisms are strengthened, ensuring government and service providers deliver quality MNCH services through active public and broader stakeholder engagement.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
You will be responsible, under the guidance of the Accountability and Advocacy Advisor and the Jigawa State Team Leader (STL), for ensuring that:
* Accountability mechanisms are strengthened, ensuring government and service providers deliver quality MNCH services through active public and broader stakeholder engagement.
* The Facility Health Committee (FHC) model is promoted and strengthened.
* A large number of consultants are coordinating and performing to the highest standard.
* The work produced in your work stream is quality assured to the highest standard ensuring that it can be used at State level to achieve real change.
Strengthen MNCH Accountability Structures:
* Be the primary means through which resources at facilities and progress on maternal and newborn health care are tracked and acted upon.
* Strengthen or establish State level accountability mechanisms (SLAMs) including Facility Health Committees (FHCs) and existing networks and consisting of members who have the power to influence change beyond just the health sector.
* Ensure the facility scorecards will be shared through the accountability mechanisms and other forums at state level to facilitate data for decision making, encourage transparency on progress and advocate for improvements in the quality of services.
Promotion and Strengthening of the FHC Model:
* Ensure that Options’ successful FHC model will be scaled up significantly, covering all MNCH2 states.
* Liaise with stakeholders, including State and Local Government Authority (LGA) level Government, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), FHCs, civil society coalitions, and representatives of relevant development programmes.
* Provide focused mentoring support, informed by individual FHC needs, both directly to FHCs or via CSOs/consultants who have been contracted to provide mentoring to FHCs.
Coordination and Logistics:
* Coordinate a range of mentoring activities for a large number of consultants, ensuring the appropriate logistical and financial support is provided.
* Develop terms of reference together with the Accountability and Advocacy Advisor for upcoming consultant activities.
* Ensure close and effective cooperation with other programme staff in their State team to make sure that MNCH2 strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way in line with logframe targets.
* Carry out a variety of administration and quality assurance check on all data received from CSO/consultants together with checks on invoices and time sheets before they are sent to Options Headquarters (HQ) for data analysis and timely payment.
* Ensure on-going monitoring through monthly FHC reports, self-assessment reports and community scorecards. This includes quality assuring data and reports, highlighting key issues that need to be addressed to ensure good performance of and impact made by FHCs and ensure these are acted upon.
Qualifications & Experience
* Master’s Degree in Public Health or a relevant field.
* Demonstrated coordination experience in international health programmes
* Experience providing expertise in the area of accountability and/or advocacy programmes in Nigeria, with a particular focus on strengthening communities, Understanding of accountability and advocacy principles and approaches.
* Demonstrated management, programme planning competency and effective communication skills
* Experience in mentoring and training for different cadres of staff and partners
* Experience of managing and coordinating a large number of consultants.
* Excellent written and spoken English and Hausa.
* In depth understanding of the the political, social, economic and cultural context of Northern Nigeria
In Return we Offer;
* A friendly and team-based working environment
* Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
* Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
* The opportunity to truly “make a difference”
* Life insurance
* Accident insurance
* Health insurance
* 20 days leave (excluding public holidays)
Commensurate with experience
Application Closing Date
Friday, 5th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s with a summary note of your skills and experience to “Siel Devos” via: email@example.com Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
* Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 15 May 2017.
* Options is an equal opportunities employer
* Candidates are required to have the right to work in Nigeria.