Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader and Transport Expert – ECOWAS
Tracking Code: 732-112
Department: European Union
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- This assignment comes in the framework of the Technical Assistance to ECOWAS for the Implementation of the 10th EDF Transport Facilitation Project II.
- This project will support the ECOWAS Commission, based in Abuja, Nigeria, to manage the implementation of the Transport Facilitation Programme II.
- The general objective of the programme is to contribute to the growth of intra an extra community trade and exchanges through the installation of a transport facilitation system. The implementation period will be of 28 months.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- The operationalization of the Joint Border Post of Noepe (Ghana/Togo) and Seme (Nigeria/Benin)
- Establishment of the Road Information System in order to strengthen the management and planning of improved road infrastructures in regional corridors.
- A more efficient transport system in the regional corridors. Especially by reducing abnormal practices and having more efficient border control systems and a more modern road transportation sector.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Above 15 years experience in transport facilitation
- Extensive knowledge of EU procurement and financing procedures
- Previous experience as a Team Leader, ideally on EU-funded projects and in the transport sector
- Previous experience working in West Africa, preferably on ECOWAS integration issues
- Extensive knowledge of ECOWAS integration issues, particularly linked to transport, trade and infrastructure
- Master’s degree in Transport, Engineering, Infrastructure, Development, Economics, or any related field.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online