Telinno Consulting Limited (TCL) , specialises in design, roll out, management and performance improvement of the cellular network to ensure the cellular operator can offer best in class service to its customers while maximising return on its network infrastructure investments. TCL’s team of experienced engineers have successfully delivered its full range of services to more than 15 cellular operators around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager
- Controls Technical resourcing, development and management.
- The TM is responsible for managing technical processes and engineering to ensure project success, focused on providing technical services delivery that meets client requirements in a profitable and timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet with client teams and gather technical requirements prior to engagement
- Identify technical resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability.
- Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation.
- Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Able to guide the team through the development, testing and implementation stages and review the completed work effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring all technical knowledge, processes, ad procedures are developed, and updated.
- Provide direction and technical expertise in design, development and systems integration.
- Responsible for the acquisition, maintenance and management of all operational tools for Technical Development and Management.
- Provide line management for installation and commissioning resources. Conducts periodic performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement.
- Provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members.
- Provide direction and technical expertise. Ensure standard operating procedures and project guidelines are in place. Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Provide technical assessment and support during recruitment of technical hires.
- Provide high level technical support. Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems.
- Supporting project managers with task allocation and resource coordination.
- Manage team communication. Conduct regular team meetings and track project progress.
- Minimum Education B.Sc. / H.N.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Telecommunications. Any relevant post-graduate degree will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in engineering and telecommunication teams with 3 years at supervisory level.
- Any relevant professional certification
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, excellent knowledge of Radio Access Technologies (2G, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA), Fibre Optics and Domains (Radio, Transmission, Civil and Power).
- An appreciation of customer expectations with a customer-oriented approach to results.
- Experience in troubleshooting, solutions design and development and the ability to understand and adapt client requirements into product solutions development and delivery.
- Must be able to provide high level technical support. Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems.
- Project Management Skills.
- Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end
- Must be highly analytical and possess problem solving skills with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- To be flexible in approach and be comfortable with a fluid organizational structure that requires both team work and self-sufficiency as necessary, with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com